The theme of this year’s EMS Week, “EMS: When It Matters Most,” focuses on the commitment and dedication of the 750,000 EMS providers who provide an essential community service every day.
Throughout EMS Week (May 18-24), LifeNet will hold activities honoring paramedics, emergency medical technicians, first responders, fire fighters, and the police. We will also educate the public about injury prevention, safety awareness, and medical emergencies.
EMS Week is sponsored by the American College of Emergency Physicians. Organizational sponsors include The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Emergency Medical Services for Children program.
LifeNet is also pleased to announce the following individuals have been selected as the 2003 LifeNet Stars of Life.
- Chris Cunningham, emergency medical technician
- Dave Dutton, paramedic
- Shelby Green, communications – emergency medical technician
- Darren Higgs, paramedic – Ground Operations Manager
- Joetta Jones, paramedic
- Terri Layne, emergency medical technician
- Jarrod Nall, paramedic – Field Training Officer
- Sandra Weaver-Higgs R.N., flight nurse
In addition, LifeNet is pleased to announce that Dave Dutton has been selected to represent LifeNet in the American Ambulance Association EMS Week activities in Washington D.C. on May 4-7. Dave will be the fourth LifeNet person to attend the week long activities. Previous attendees include Michael DeBerry, David Stanley, and Clifton Brown.